Young artists Avery, Blakely, Charlie, and Dorothy spent the afternoon at the zoo. Each selected one exhibit (the aquarium, the bird aviary, the mammal trail, or the reptile serpentarium) to inspire their art (clay sculpture, digital photography, pencil sketches, and watercolor painting). Can you match the artist, their media, and their inspiration?
1. Zoo visitors kept looking over Charlie’s shoulder at the sketches.
2. The watercolor artist thought her work portrayed the shimmering scales of the reptiles quite well.
3. Avery never went anywhere near the aviary; she read that some parrots like to eat clay.
4. Dorothy’s digital photos caught her subject’s bright colors and the shapes of their wings in flight.
5. One of the pencil sketches of a shark won honorable mention at the state fair that fall.
Website Updated: 27 September 2019